Have a Go!
At this year’s Show, you’ll find many great demonstrations, displays and spectacular shows for all the family to enjoy. But hidden amongst the main attractions you will find some real gems for you to ‘have-a-go’.
- Fancy finding out what it’s like driving an enormous combine harvester? Then head over to the Food & Farming Zone where one will be on display and kids (and adults) can experience first-hand how simple, or complex it is to control and manoeuvre.
- Test your physical strength with an assault course on the British Army stand, or find out what some of their military equipment feels like. The kids can even dress up like a soldier!
- Ever wondered what its like being a Blacksmith? Come and help make poker sticks with the professionals, and even watch them mould some iron into a unicorn!
- How high can you climb in 1 minute? The Splat Team, organised by Berkshire Youth, will be offering many sports activities on their stand including circus skills, archery, giant jenga and much more.
- GoApe will be offering their whizzy segways for children and adults to have a go at
- Test your airgun shooting skills at the X-Calibre stand
- Get creative with Canny Crafts in the craft tent. Using recycled drinks cans, children will be able to have a go at making their own design
- The Scouts will be offering an assault course, crazy golf, make your own emergency shelter and have a go at their tin-can alley
- Tractor Ted will be premiering at the Show this year offering kids the opportunity to work a mini digger, drive round their track or simply go crazy on their bouncy castle
- The Police, Fire and Ambulance will be present to show off their incredible vehicles and kids will get the chance to sound the siren!
- Let your kids experience a real-life fairy tale by having their photos taken with fairies and elves with Enchanted Forest Photography.
- The ever popular Millers Ark Farm will be returning with their cute piglets and goats as well as donkeys, chicks and much more!
- And don’t forget to head down to our Cattle Building between 12pm and 3pm to get up close with the cattle and even have a selfie with them!
- See if you can find our 9ft grass animals on the Showground and get a selfie with them
- Head over to the Flower Tent to make a button hole
- Test your bike skills with the Savage Skills mountain bike stunt team
All this and much, much more scattered across the showground!