DATES: 19th and 20th September 2020
OPENING TIMES: 8am to 6pm both days
ADDRESS: Newbury Showground, Priors Court Road, Hermitage, Thatcham, Berkshire, RG18 9QZ
Please do not use SatNav to find your way to the Showground as it takes no account of our traffic management plan and you therefore may be directed to the wrong place. Please follow the AA Signs as you approach the Showground.
The organisers of the Show are working to encourage visitors to think of the environment when choosing how to travel to the Showground. We’d be grateful if you would consider public transport, walking, cycling or car sharing when planning your journey.
USEFUL TIPS WHEN PLANNING YOUR JOURNEY
- Download a copy of the showground map (available shortly) to decide which car park is best to get to from your location. Some car parks are free of charge and others are £5.
- If travelling by train or bus, contact the relevant service to find out when buses and trains are running and how regular they are. Although transport to Newbury and the Showground are regular throughout the weekend, please be aware of traffic as this can cause delays.
- Check in with BBC Radio Berkshire for regular traffic news, or follow them on Twitter
- Buy your tickets in advance. You can get them at a reduced rate and you also won’t have to queue when you arrive.
Tel: 0845 748 4960
Please click below for Map of the Car parks
Priority parking is available over the show weekend on a first come, first serve basis. You can purchase your priority parking pass via our ticketing site nearer to the Show weekend.
There is also a free park & ride bus service from the Black car park, which can be found on the Oxford Road.
DISABLED PARKING, MOBILITY AND TICKETS
Parking for the disabled is available at the following car parks and on a first come first serve basis:
- By the Newbury Building Society Gate, to the west of the showground £5.00
- Red Car Park (access from the M4/A34 junction only) £5.00
- White Car Park (access from Hermitage only) FREE
Advanced Mobility Event Hire are present throughout the Show weekend and can be found in the White car park and the Red car park. To pre-book a mobility
scooter, please call 01274 297777 or visit their website – https://www.advanced-mobility.co.uk/
We don't currently offer a reduced rate for tickets for disabled visitors. However, visitors with disabilities who require a carer can purchase the required ticket to the Show, and their carer can then obtain a complimentary ticket via West Berkshire Mencap, located off Enborne Road in Newbury.
If you are not already known by West Berkshire Mencap, proof of disability will be required to obtain your free ticket (i.e. PIP documents, blue badge etc).
You must show proof you have purchased a paid ticket by providing the ticket number before a complimentary ticket is issued.
Tickets must either be collected from West Berkshire Mencap or a stamped self-addressed envelope sent to them so they can post the tickets back to you.
To get in touch regarding eligibility or other queries please call the West Berkshire Mencap office on 01635 41464 or email email@example.com
A cash machine can be found on Lew Spencer Avenue (next door to the Blacksmiths). There is a charge for using this facility
Lost and found children
In the event of children being separated from their parents or carers please contact a steward. Any children found will be escorted to our lost children facility at the Show Office (located in the Countryside Area) where they will be looked after until they can be safely reunited.
Please contact the Information Kiosk (found on Avenue V) during the Show weekend or call the Show Office – 01635 247111 – after the event.
Show Map 2020
Will be published nearer to the 2020 Show.
Baby changing facilities
The National Childbirth Trust has a well-equipped baby changing and feeding facility including high chairs, bottle warmers, changing mats, various sized nappies and baby wipes.
There are plenty of places to eat around the showground, simply look for the knife and fork symbols on the Show map to locate them.
Facilities for ladies, gentleman and the disabled are situated at convenient locations throughout the showground, and clearly marked on the Show map.
We now work with Mobiloo to provide a fully accessible and equipped disabled toilet. View our Showground Map nearer the time to the Show to find out its location.
DOGS ARE WELCOME!
We are very much looking forward to welcoming dogs to the Show this year, but for the safety and enjoyment of your four-legged friends, please adhere to
- Dogs should have a collar and tag with their owners name and address.
- They are to be kept on a non-retractable lead at all times.
Dogs are not allowed in the Food Hall, Livestock sections and the Cattle Building. Signage will be in place in these areas to notify.
- Please make sure you scoop up any mess and dispose of it in the bins provided.
- Please under NO circumstances leave your dog(s) in the car. Any dogs found in cars will be reported and immediate action taken.
- Please ensure you bring water and water bowls with you. Some trade stands may have water bowls and some of our toilet blocks have taps for you to refill bowls. There are drinking water taps available across the showground.
- Please be respectful to others around you, especially those with children or anyone who may be nervous around dogs.
The welfare of your dog is your responsibility throughout the duration of the Show and MUST not be left unattended at any time.
First Aid is provided by the ACOS Medical and are located by the Dog Zone opposite the Countryside Area and also by the horse rings on the Showground.
Health & Safety
Please wash your hands after touching the animals and before eating. Please observe the walkways for the movement of animals and stay behind barriers when asked to do so by Stewards. Please keep clear of any official vehicles moving around the site and take care whilst walking on uneven surfaces.
Please bare in mind that drones are NOT allowed during the Show weekend. If you have a valid reason for using one, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Purchase of goods
The Society cannot accept responsibility for any orders placed for goods or services in connection with firms exhibiting or advertising at the Show. Please ensure you receive full details when an order is placed to ensure you can contact them direct with any queries.
Advanced Ticket Outlets
See here a list of outlets that are selling tickets ahead of the Show