NEWBURY SHOWGROUND

The Newbury & District Agricultural Society was established in 1909 and originally organised a horse show, which quickly turned into an agricultural show. The Royal County of Berkshire Show has seen many homes, including Seige Cross in Thatcham and Shaw, but finally settled at the Newbury Showground when the Society purchased the land in 1984.

Spread over 150 acres, the Show sees over 50 temporary structures, 1,000 sheep, 600 horses, 5 horse arenas, 400 cattle, a 140m craft marquee, a 75m pig marquee, over 400 stewards, 460 trade stands, 8 car parks and much more.

With over 55,000 visitors attending over 2 days annually, the Show is widely regarded as one of the top agricultural shows in the country.

Conveniently located right next to junction 13 of the M4 and the A34 interchange, the Newbury Showground is an ideal venue for indoor and outdoor events.

As an agricultural charity, the Society now hires out the Showground to a number of events throughout the year, and the money raised goes back into charitable programmes such as the Society’s very successful educational programme, which offers free workshops to schools in Berkshire and the surrounding villages.

If you’re interested in hiring the Showground, please complete our Enquiry Form and email it to accounts@newburyshowground.co.uk