Around the end of April or early May the Final of the Agricultural Challenge for Special Education is held in the Arlington Arts Centre, Mary Hare School,
Newbury. This follows two terms of the participating schools working on a series of activities agreed upon the previous summer. Schools can enter up
to 5 categories from the agreed list and on the day can bring along a team of up to 9 students. Certificates are awarded to all of the participating
students and certificates are also awarded to the winner of each category. Trophies are awarded to the “Best in Show” and the two runners up and each
school receives a cheque for £100 towards any costs, with additional prize money of £100 to the winning school and £75 and £50 for the runners up.
The final of the Challenge will be held on April 26th 2018 and the categories will be:
- A collage on the theme of the Commonwealth Games
- Up to 10 ideas for Garden Crafts (A4 size)
- Something savoury made for a picnic
- Something on an environmental theme made from recycled materials
- A visual diary of growing a food product from seed, through to cooking with it (optional to bring along the end product)
- A homemade bug house
- A container of grown Spring flowers
The Final for 2017 was held on Thursday 27th April in the ArlingtonArts Centre at Mary Hare School and the winning school was Kennel Lane School with Addington
School, Mary Hare Primary School runners up.
Please contact the Education Officer, Jan Murray if you would like to participate: email@example.com